My husband will be living in France for the next three years. I will visit 4 times a year,a month at a time. Having the opportunity stay for several weeks while living in apartment and not just vacationing, one gets a much more profound insight to the authentic life of the French

Monday, July 12, 2010

Arriving in France


 After flying and driving 14 hours we finally made it to our hotel. I love the lush green landscaping, the flowers that line the center of the streets and rotaries, and how the shrubs and stone walls separate the houses from the streets.  


 The Hotel is a resort type hotel with small apartments equipped with a small kitchen and it is  a short three-minute walk to the ocean.  By renting this by the month for 3 months it is cheaper than staying in a hotel. We saved the company money and we have a place to prepare food subsequently we are not eating out 3 meals a day. Trying to communicate and figure out a French menu is too stressful for me. Oh why did I not pay more attention in French class?

As we enter the lobby we take a turn through a door into a dark hall, Jeff reaches over to turn on the hall lights. There are three small wall lights to illuminate the way. Here in France they like to be conservative on their energy and the lights in the halls are on motion sensors. As we enter the elevator Jeff selects floor one. Wait a minute didn’t we just come into the lobby? Again here in France and maybe in other European countries the main floor is 0. Can you guess what the basement is? It is -1.





 I am glad it is summer and the sun rises around 5:30 am and does not set until around 10:15.  The lighting in the room is not to great except over the kitchen table, again that is the French way. (that is a story in it's self I will share some day)




1 comment:

  1. Glad to follow your Adventures. I hope Jeff can get some words in.

    I added this to my blog roll.

    John

    ReplyDelete